We all know that excitement we get when the clock strikes the hour of Happy Hour and we hit our local bar or restaurant for discounted drinks and snacks. So why not host your own happy hour from your home instead? Your friends and co-workers can gather together, relaxing over signature cocktails, tempting finger foods, and Ménage à Trois wine.
Your happy hour is sure to be a huge success when you premiere these tantalizing Crispy Avocado Fries. They’re crunchy on the outside, yet creamy in the middle, and your guests are certain to find this recipe completely irresistible. Pair it with Ménage à Trois California Red and your hour will be more than just happy … it will be beyond satisfying.
- 2 Large Avocados, Sliced
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Kosher Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs of Your Choice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Red Wine Chipotle Sauce
- 1 Chipotle Chile in Adobo Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Ménage à Trois Red Blend
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Dill
- Kosher Salt, to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in sheet tray or baking dish; set aside.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on avocado slices to preserve their color while baking. Season with salt, pepper. Dip in flour, then dip in egg and coat with breadcrumbs. Be sure the avocado slices are coated very well with breadcrumbs.
- Place in a single layer on the greased sheet pan. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil. This will help the avocado slices crisp in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the avocados are golden and crispy. For additional crispness, more oil can be drizzled while they are baking.
- Serve with red wine chipotle dipping sauce!
Red Wine Chipotle Dipping Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, about 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture is nice and creamy. Enjoy and refrigerate leftovers!