When you are preparing a meal, taste often takes the spotlight, leaving the other senses neglected. This month begs for all desires to be satiated with a feast unlike any other. Diving into an evening made for the senses, Ménage à Trois is featuring an exotic Chimichurri Skirt Steak. The garlic, parsley, and oregano in the sauce help bring out the natural flavors of the meat.
A dinner this lavish should be paired with Ménage à Trois Decadence. Generous berry aromas kissed by bittersweet chocolate make this a wine of unadulterated extravagance. Together, the wine and Chimichurri Skirt Steak create a pairing fit for an evening of indulgences.
- 1 cup parsley leaves, tightly packed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt or ¾ tsp. sea salt flakes
- Black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lb. skirt steak
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- Salt and pepper (light on salt; soy sauce has a lot of salt)
- Place parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, and red wine vinegar in a food processor. Finely chop; do not puree.
- Transfer into a small bowl. Add salt, pepper, and olive oil, and stir to combine. Set aside for 1 hour before use; overnight is even better. If using as a marinade, you can use it immediately.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container. Use within 3 days. Makes approx. ¾ cup.
- Optional marinating: Transfer ¼ cup of Chimichurri Sauce bowl with the steak and soy sauce.
- Heat grill or heavy-based skillet over high heat until smoking.
- Remove skirt steak from marinade and sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Add skirt steak and cook for 2 minutes on each side or to your desired temperature.
- Transfer to a plate; let rest by covering loosely with foil for 7-10 minutes.
- Cut thin slices against the grain and serve.
- Use remaining Chimichurri Sauce as a side for more desired flavor.