1 lb Beyond Beef®
4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (2.5 lbs)
3 Tbsp plant-based butter
2 tsp salt, divided
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1.5 tsp paprika
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp plant-based Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ cup vegetable broth
½ cup frozen peas
½ cup frozen corn
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch cubes. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water, bring to a boil. Add 1 tsp salt and let boil for another 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and mash adding plant-based butter and another ½ tsp salt.
- While the potatoes are cooking, chop the onion and carrots into 1/4 inch cubes and dice the garlic.
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil and onions to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add the carrots and garlic. Cook 2-3 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add Beyond Beef to the pan and break into crumbles. Let cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the flour parsley, thyme, rosemary, and paprika then stir to coat the Beyond Beef. Let cook for one additional minute.
- Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and let thicken for 3-4 minutes. Add the corn and peas and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the filling into a baking dish and spread the mashed potatoes on top. Bake in a 400℉ oven for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.