These Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders are packed with sharp cheddar flavor, thanks to Cabot Cracker Cuts!
- 1 pound ground beef (round or chuck)
- 4 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup) or Seriously Sharp Cracker Cuts
- 12 slices packaged “already-cooked” bacon, cut in half
- 6 hot dog rolls
- Arugula or watercress leaves (optional)
Chipotle Aioli: Makes ⅔ cup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or chipotle hot sauce
*For added convenience use any flavor of Cabot’s ready-to serve Cracker Cuts.
- PLACE rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 500°F.
- COMBINE beef and cheddar in large bowl; scatter salt and pepper over top. Gently work mixture together until well combined.
- DIVIDE mixture into quarters and shape each quarter into six (1 ¼ – inch) balls, for a total of 24 balls.
- WRAP each ball in a half slice bacon, pressing into patty shape. Arrange patties on large baking sheet.
- BAKE for 5 to 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Loosen from baking sheet with spatula.
- CUT each roll crosswise into 4 sections to make mini-buns. Place some arugula or watercress in each, topped with mini-burger and small dollop of Chipotle Aioli.
To Make Chipotle Aioli:
- WHISK together all ingredients in small bowl.
- SERVE immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.