NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
RECIPE SUBMISSION PERIOD
The recipe submission period for the 2020 Giant BBQ Battle Virtual Experience Contests (the “Contests”) begins on Monday June 1, 2020 and ends on Sunday, June 21, 2020 (the “Submission Period”). All recipes must be submitted on-line by visiting the www.BBQinDC.com virtual event website and clicking on the desired contest.
The judging for the contests shall be conducted in two rounds. The first round shall be conducted throughout the month of June 2020, beginning on June 1 and concluding on June 26, 2020. First round finalists shall be identified by June 27. Finalists will be presented to the Second Round to the Giant BBQ Battle Judging Committee consisting of Celebrity BBQ Pitmasters, Professional Chefs and Industry Experts on June 28, with winners being selected at the conclusion of the contest.
The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are Eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (the “Entrant” or “Entrants”). Employees, contractors and interns of Barbecue Battle Inc. and the Giant Barbecue Battle Inc. and each of their respective divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (including, in each case, immediate family members) are not eligible to enter the Contest. For purposes of this Contest, “immediate family members” is defined as spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension, and any other persons residing at the same household location, whether or not related. In order to enter the Contest or win a prize in this Contest, the Entrant must comply fully with these Official Rules, and by entering agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Kansas City Barbeque Society and Barbecue Battle Inc., whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND SUBMIT A RECIPE
An Entrant should log on to www.BBQinDC.com (the “Website”) during the Submission Period, click on the Contest banner and follow the instructions for entry. The Entrant will be redirected to the Kansas City Barbeque Society website www.kcbs.us to register for the contest and upload their entry The Entrant must provide all requested information in the required fields including full name, e-mail address and ZIP code and then must enter a recipe (the “Recipe” or “Recipes”), including photos and video, as instructed on the Website. The Entrant should then click “submit” to be entered in the Contest (the “Entry” or “Entries”). In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, message and data charges may apply.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY ENTRANT BY 5:00 P.M. ET ON JUNE 21, 2020 (THE “SUBMISSION DEADLINE”). NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS TIME.
Entries for the Contest will not be accepted through postal mail, hand-delivery, express mail delivery, e-mail or via facsimile.|
Sponsor and The Kansas City Barbeque Society will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected Entries.
- The Giant Barbecue Battle is looking for original recipes to showcase to its audience. The Recipe must be the Entrant’s own original creation. The Entrant may use other recipes for inspiration, but Entrant must use his or her own unique ingredient and cooking instruction changes in order for the Recipe to be considered.
- The Entrant must enter a Recipe into one, several, or all of the following four (4) Contest categories (the “Category” or “Categories”)
- (a) CHICKEN – PERDUE SIZZLEN CHICKEN CONTEST
- (b) BEEF – NATIONAL BEEF CHAMPIONSHIP
- (c) TURKEY – TURKEY SMOKE
- (d) PORK RIBS – SMOKIN’ WITH SMITHFIELD
- The Recipe must be in English and should specify the following: (a) Include at least two items from the list of “OFFICIAL BBQ BATTLE PRODUCTS”.
- Number of servings, (b) list of all required ingredients in specific, common U.S. household measurements or weights, (c) step by step preparation instructions and (d) cooking times, if applicable, as well as type of cookware used (including dimensions or sizes).
- Each Entrant must list the category within the naming of the electronic file to be submitted. (i.e. “Turkey,” “Ribs,” etc.).
- An Entrant may submit only one entry for each category during the Submission Period. An Entrant may enter all four (4) categories one time.
- By submitting the Recipe in this Contest, the Entrant grants the Sponsor and the Kansas City Barbeque Society unrestricted use of the submitted entry which includes the right to publish the Recipe and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include the Entrant’s hometown (e.g. city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate.
- By entering the Contest, Entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted Recipe is an original work created solely by the Entrant, that the Recipe does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Recipe.
- By submitting the Recipe, Entrant accepts the Rules and agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Contest judges, which will be final as to all matters.
- Each Entrant shall submit the following:
- 1 completed recipe information sheet including the recipe name, ingredients (including the minimum of two ingredients from the OFFICIAL BBQ BATTLE PRODUCTS list,” cooking instructions, etc.). Please submit a Microsoft Word document not to exceed 1 page.
- 2-3 photos of their product, not to exceed 3 photos. Must include a photo of the product:
- (1) during grilling or smoking process
- (2) the final dish fully prepared to show appearance and tenderness
- 1 video demonstrating tenderness and discussing the ingredients/recipe used. Demonstrate to the judges the flavors and anything special as you talk about the recipe.
- Video not to exceed :60 seconds total
- If a file is corrupt or not working, we will make one attempt to gather a different file from the contestant.
JUDGING / SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
- Round One
First Round per each category will be judged by Certified Barbeque Judges from the Kansas City Barbeque Society. Each entry will be judged on:
- Use of at least two “OFFICIAL BBQ BATTLE PRODUCTS”. Note: Entries that do not include at least two Official BBQ Battle Products will be disqualified.
- Appearance – does it look like you’d want to try it?
- Tenderness – does it look like it is tender and juicy?
- Taste – do the ingredients, recipe and any cooking descriptions make you think it would be delicious to try?
The top 10 scoring entrants within each category shall be presented to Final Round Judging by the final Judges.
Note: In order to qualify for consideration as the “Overall Champion,” an Entrant must enter all 4 categories.
- Round Two:
The recipes of the top 10 finalists per category will be judged by the Giant BBQ Battle Judging Committee; a team of professional chefs, Celebrity BBQ Pitmasters writers (the “Judges”) based on the following criteria:
(a) Use of at least two “OFFICIAL BBQ BATTLE PRODUCTS” (25%).
(b) Relevance – relevance to the Barbecue theme of the Contest and overall appeal of the Recipe (25%);
(b) Organization – is the Recipe written well, including all steps, in an organized and reproducible way? (25%); and
(c) Preparation – ease of preparation, is the recipe practical (e.g. does not require special cookware or ingredients) (25%).
One (1) winner in each Category will be selected as the winner (the “Category Winner” or “Category Winners”) at the discretion of the “Judges”. One of the four (4) Category Winners will then be selected as the Grand Prize Winner of the Contest based on the discretion of the “Judges.”
Decisions of the “Judges” is final and binding on all matters related to this Contest. The “Judges” will disqualify recipes that are not the Entrant’s own recipe. Finalists will be required to certify, on information or belief, that their Recipes are their original creation and have not been published or publicized and have not been recognized as a winner in a recipe contest. The “Judges” reserve the right to change Recipe names or assign entries to the Category they deem appropriate. Decisions of the “Judges” are final in all matters relating to this contest.
Entrants are eligible to win one (1) prize per Category in this Contest. An Entrant may also receive the Overall Prize.
ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Contest entries received and the quality of the Recipes received, as judged pursuant to these Rules.
A total of five (5) prizes per contest category will be awarded. Prizes issued in the form of a Giant Gift Cards.
FIRST PLACE: $1,000 Giant Shopping Spree.
SECOND PLACE: $250 Giant Shopping Spree.
THIRD PLACE: $100 Giant Shopping Spree.
FOURTH PLACE: $50 Giant Shopping Spree.
FIFTH PLACE: Autographed Copy of a BBQ Pitmaster Cookbook.
Within each Category, the top 10 Entrants with the highest points scored in Round 1 will receive an Individual Annual membership to the Kansas City Barbeque Society; a $40 value.
In addition to the category prizes, one (1) OVERALL PRIZE WINNER will receive a $1,500 Giant Shopping Spree.
Each of the Winners will be notified on or around July 7, 2020 via phone or e-mail. Each of the Winners must each sign, have notarized and return within fifteen (15) days of prize notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (and any other documentation required by Sponsor, in its sole discretion) in order to be eligible to accept the prize or the winner will be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
No substitution or transfer of the prizes will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of Barbecue Battle and Barbecue Battle reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Once received by winner, no compensation will be given for lost, stolen, mutilated or expired gift cards. Barbecue Battle is not responsible for replacing lost, stolen, mutilated or expired gift cards. In order to begin the Kansas City Barbeque Society annual membership, Winners should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-963-5227.
All local, state and federal taxes incurred by accepting a prize will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Any person winning over $600 in prizes during any, one (1) year period will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. USE OF E-MAIL ADDRESSES By participating in this Contest, an Entrant agrees to opt-in to receive e-mail communications from the Sponsor. If an Entrant chooses to opt out of such future communications from the Sponsor, he or she will be able to do so by following the instructions on any electronic communications sent by the Sponsor. Upon opting-out, the Sponsor will no longer send e-mail messages to the Entrant. An Entrant may choose to opt out of being on any Sponsor e-mail list during the Contest Period. An Entrant’s choice to opt out will not affect the Entrant’s entry or chances in the Contest.
By entering, each Entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of Barbecue Battle, which are binding and final, and release Barbecue Battle, and each of its divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, the Kansas City Barbeque Society and anyone associated with the production of this Contest, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any claims, injuries, losses or damages (including attorney’s fees) of any kind arising out of their participation in this Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. The potential prize winners waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize and waives any liability or claims (including attorney’s fees) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned to Barbecue Battle as undeliverable, if prize is refused or cannot be accepted for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing. Upon forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, Contest submissions and/or statements attributed to winners regarding the Contest, for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation or consent. All entries become the property of Barbecue Battle, with opportunity for use by the Kansas City Barbeque Society. This Contest shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the state of New York, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws and submission of any entry constitutes acceptance of such laws. This Contest is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
This Contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that an Entrant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
Barbecue Battle, the Kansas City Barbeque Society and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on Entrants obtained through the Contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
Barbecue Battle and their affiliates reserve the right to change the rules of the Contest at any time.
NAMES OF WINNERS / WINNING RECIPES
Contest Winner’s and recipes will be posted online beginning approximately July 7, 2020.
SPONSOR & CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR
Barbecue Battle Inc. 4339 Northview Drive, Bowie, MD 20716 info@BBQinDC.com