register today to compete in the
2021 giant ultimate bbq battle of the bands
We’re excited to include your band in this year’s Giant BBQ Battle “Ultimate Battle of the Bands” Contest. Please download and complete our 2021 Submission Form to register your band and be included in this year’s Giant Ultimate BBQ Battle of the Bands. All submissions are due no later than April 30, 2021.
VIRTUAL BATTLE OF THE BANDS OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
By entering the contest, each participant agrees to these official Rules.
No purchase or payment is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
Sponsored by Barbecue Battle, P.O. Box 1607, Bowie, MD 20717 / 301-860-0630
1. THIS IS A “POPULAR VOTE” People’s Choice Competition. All voting is done online.
2. ORIGINAL MATERIAL ONLY: Cover songs submitted will not be accepted.
3. VOTING: Voting will be done online via the Giant BBQ Battle Website, www.BBQinDC.com. Users will be able to vote ONCE. Online voting will begin on May 28, 2021 and end promptly on June 30, 2021 at 5pm. Any digital tampering or actions deemed as “voter fraud” by a performer, relative, friend, or acquaintance of any battling group on behalf of group will result in disqualification for the group.
4. ANNOUNCEMENT OF BATTLE WINNERS: will occur on July 1, 2021.
5. MATERIAL: We do NOT encourage band members to assemble during the current COVID-19 health emergency. We recommend that all bands submit existing performance material.
6. PARTICIPATING BANDS: are responsible for emailing their own songs no later than FRIDAY, APRIL 30TH to: Melanie@BBQINDC.com with the subject line: BBQ BAND SUBMISSION – (Band Name.) Each song must include BAND NAME and SONG TITLE. Submissions will be received in the form of a link to your video on YouTube or similar platform. Video links will be posted on the www.BBQinDC.com Virtual event site.
7. PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded to bands in the form of cash prizes as follows:
First Place Prize $1,000.00 Each
Second Place Prize $500.00 Each
Third Place Prize $250.00 Each
8. As prize winners, contestants acknowledge that Barbecue Battle has the right to, without further authorization, publicize contestant’s / Band name, character likeness, landscape photograph, and voice for promotional purposes without further financial remuneration.
9. All prizes will be awarded to winners in the form of a check. Please note: The check will be presented only in the name of the individual or company listed on the W9 Form by the person who entered the Band into the Contest during the entry process. Contestant winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes including state, local and federal associated with their prize and therefore must fill out an IRS W9 Form before claiming prize.
10. The decision of Barbecue Battle management in the interpretation of these rules is final. By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and the official rules. Decision of the judges is final. Sponsor reserves right to modify contest details at any time.
11. By entering the 2021 Giant Battle of the Bands, you are hereby authorizing consent for Barbecue Battle to use the Band name, photos, audio and video recording submitted into the contest for marketing and promotional purposes. Each contestant will be required to sign a release form before his or her prize will be awarded.